Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TEXAS FIGHT!


HOLA! I am currently "studying" finance in this amazing architecture library on campus that makes me feel like I just walked into Hogwarts. Cannot believe I've been in the States for almost 2 months and I have since had many of my first times. First time to an American college football game was crazy. The cheerleaders, the band, and the atmosphere were absolutely awesome. I was completely lost for the first quarter of the game but there are so many rules. Let's just say at least I knew when they scored. It wasn't until after the game that I realised the offensive and defensive teams had entirely different players. The crowd was amazing. The fight song is Texas Fight which comes with all these chants like "T-E-X-A-S TEXASSSSSS FIGHT!" or "Texas fight, Texas fight, make 'em eat sh*t". Baking in the 100 degree heat for 3.5 hours was well worth it because guess what? WE WON!

IMG_1954

Eager Longhorn Fans

IMG_1958

Snow cone!

IMG_1961

Sea of Burnt Orange

IMG_1960

102000 dedicated fans

IMG_1977

♫ It's a jungle out there. Burnt orange everywhere

IMG_1978

IMG_1984

We don't actually know the guy behind us but who cares. Go Texas!

IMG_1989

IMG_1996

Le awesome band

IMG_2081

IMG_2025

With Wendy!


IMG_2028


Stay tuned, more to come in the not very distant future!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is insane *_*

    It's just a uni game, right? But it's like 10000000000000x better than the biggest professional rugby games in Australia.

    By the way, so glad to hear you are safe<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it looks hectic right?? People take college football VERY seriously here. And thanks Jen, miss you a bunch <3

    ReplyDelete